Monday 23 April 2012

New photo's to work from

I took some new photo's to work from which i will use for my final piece. I took two separate lots of photo's, but i'm not sure if i should combine both together.


This is the first lot of photo's i took. They're in portrait style and my face is the main focus in all of the photos.
These are just a few of the photo's to show the editing process.
This is in the illusion style. I like how it has chosen a few sections of the face to layer on top of the photo. This will be good when cutting up to create the collage style.

This is a colour style photo. I like the colours used in the effect and i think it will look good incorporated into the whole collage.

This is another illusion effect photo, and i like how there are multiple eyes that i can cut and stick next to other photos which have other expressions.

This is my least favourite. Although i believe the colour compliments the emotion, i don't think it would look flattering in the collage.


The next photo's are my favourite, however i don't know if they will fit into a collage as well as the photo's above would; the photo's above show the face in the size that will be best to create a collage.

Again, this is the illusion style. I like how the eyes and lips are continued in the layer and i could use parts of this photo to contrast other expressions in the collage.

This expression is neutral. I felt that using an illusion effect would amplify photo because the expression doesn't show much at all.

I believe that the colour shows the emotion clearer and i like the pastel colours in the eyes and face. 

This photo doesn't seem edited but i've brightened it and you can see pinks, blues and purples. I think this compliments the expression shown and matches the colours used in other photo's; this will make the collage easier to blend.


I will cut these photos into segments and experiment with positioning and then create a collage. I will then create an A3/2 collage using a mixture of medias such as oil pastels, pencil and the original edited photo's. I need to make sure i don't pick a size too big to copy from as i don't want the collage to be disproportional; i want it to be as realistic as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment