Monday 23 April 2012

Edits in the style of Takahiro Kimura



These are a few edits that i created on 'Gimp'. I did them in the style of the artist i am most interested in which is Kimura.
I used an illusion style and a coloured style to create some of the effects used in Kimura's work. 


This photo is edited using the illusion style. I like this effect because it makes the photo layered and creates multiple copies of some aspects of the face.

This photo is created using the colour effect. I like this because you can change the colours depending on the expression and the emotion portrayed in the photo.

This is the second style available in the illusion effect. I particularly like how it distorts some of the facial features and layers them on top but you can still see the original picture intact. 

Again, this is the colour effect. I don't really like the colours in this photo, however i like how the eyes have a glazed effect.



I will use these photo's to create a piece in the style of Takahiro Kimura, and then i will copy from the piece using crayons to create the block colour effect, and pencil because i believe pencil is one of my strongest points.

No comments:

Post a Comment