Thursday 22 March 2012

Eye expressions

From looking at previous artists and the artist which is influencing most of my ideas (Kimura), i have decided to look at eye expressions. Without the eyes, it is hard to recognize what a person's feelings and emotions are; The eyes are the center focus of expressions, along with eyebrows. The positioning of the eyebrows determine how you see the expression.

I took some photo's of my friends' eye, to experiment with editing. The are the photo's without any editing.

 angry

 scared

 happy

 sad

 shocked


I then edited these photo's. I found an effect which made the photo's look like they were taken with the iridescent paper i used in my previous experiments.



These are the rest of the edited photo's. I edited them with consideration of the colour; The colour represents the emotion/expression.



I also found an effect which made the photo's layered which is what i wanted to resemble Kimura's work.


After sticking these photo's into my book i will either use these photo's or take some more to experiment with. I will cut/tear them up and use different sections from different photo's to create the collage look i am aiming for. I will then do some copies from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment